These are some of my favorite sprays, and I'll tell you how and why to make your own!
1) CPTG Lemon:
I use 3-6 drops of Doterra's CPTG Lemon essential oil in my 4oz. purple plastic spray bottle. Glass is usually preferable when using essential oils, but I have a 2-year-old and tend to avoid glass when he's likely to use it, and believe me, if it's a spray bottle, he's likely to use it! This spray is a great room freshener (think bathroom spray, but without the fake scents and yucky aerosol side effects) or as a pre-treatment for your carpet before you vacuum. It's great for "freshening up" counters between cleanings, and my favorite way to use it is spraying it on cut fruits and veggies to slow down the browning that oxidation causes (this is where the CPTG really counts, since I'm spraying it on my food.)
Bonus: Lemon is antibacterial and antidepressant, so you're killing germs and bad moods in the process! :)
2) Night-Night:
I use 2-3 drops each of Doterra's CPTG Lavender essential oil and Serenity essential oil blend in my 4oz purple plastic spray bottle. This is a very important part of our nap/bedtime routine, and my son absolutely LOVES spraying his bed, pillow, blanket, stuffed tiger and especially himself before laying down to sleep. It makes the transition easier for him, and the essential oils relax him and help him fall asleep faster and sleep more deeply. I use it on myself when I'm having trouble falling asleep or when I know I'll struggle to sleep deeply (sick, traveling, etc.) It's much safer and more gentle than medication!
3) On Guard:
I LOVE Doterra's On Guard Cleaning Concentrate. I use it for everything: laundry, toilets, dishes, counters, mirrors/windows... pretty nearly anything I need to clean. I like to have it in my 4oz purple plastic spray bottles in strategic locations like the bathrooms and kitchen. It's super handy to have it there to wipe the kitchen counter before and after dinner, or quickly wash the bathroom mirror while my son splashes in the bath, things I probably wouldn't use it for if I had to go get my cleaning supplies before doing.
Obviously, this is just the beginning, the possibilities are limited only by your creativity and the number of spray bottles you want around your house. ;) You can combine essential oils and spray bottles of any size, color, and material you like to get the desired result, and you can make cute labels for your bottles too if you're into that. Happy oiling!

No comments:
Post a Comment