Homemade Deodorant
5 T Coconut Oil
1/4 C Baking Soda
1/4 C Cornstarch
CPTG Essential Oils*
Melt Coconut oil in a pan, double boiler or microwave. Stir in baking soda and cornstarch. Add essential oils drop by drop until desired scent is reached. Pour into empty deodorant containers and refrigerate a few hours or overnight to solidify. This recipe filled 2 2.25oz deodorant containers I happened to have around (Lemon Essential Oil is EXCELLENT for removing label adhesive from containers), or you can purchase full or travel size deodorant containers very inexpensively.
*Lavender and Tea Tree or Melaeluca Essential Oils are the most commonly recommended. I personally used Grapefruit and Bergamot, but you can use whatever you like. The possibilities are endless! Just be sure to use 100% Pure Essential Oils from a trusted provider to avoid skin irritations that could be caused by pesticides, additives, etc.
During the past holiday season I was inundated with tasty treats which, though delicious, led me to consider other kinds of fun inexpensive gifts I could share with my friends. One of the things I ended up making was brown sugar scrub. Not only is it fun and inexpensive, it's also quick, easy, luxurious and indulgent! Enjoy!
Brown Sugar Scrub
2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C White Sugar
1/2 C Olive or Coconut Oil
1 t Vanilla
3-6 Drops CPTG Citrus Bliss Essential Oil Blend
Gold Eye Shadow, crushed, if desired (adds a bit of sparkle & shine)
Combine ingredients and place in small containers such as baby food jars (don't forget to use Lemon Essential Oil to remove label adhesive) or inexpensive cosmetic containers. This can be used as a body or lip scrub.
Stay tuned for more ideas to infuse your hygiene and beauty products with Essential Oils! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment